Submitted by Rachel Kunkel of Schell City, Missouri
- 1 1/2 lbs. beef stew meat -OR- 1 1/2 lbs. venison steak cut in 1" pieces
- 1/2 cup carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- In crock pot, combine carrots, celery, onion, cream of celery soup, Worcestershire sauce, beef bouillon granules, salt, and pepper.
- Add meat and stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Approximately, 15 minutes before serving, combine cornstarch and water.
- Slowly pour into crockpot and stir.
- At this point, taste the gravy and adjust it with additional salt, pepper, bouillon granules, and worcestershire sauce, if needed.
- Serve over hot mashed potatoes, noodles, or rice.