Submitted by Leslie Ledford of Fort Scott, Kansas
- 1/2 head of cabbage, cored and cut into wedges
- 2 apples, cored and quartered
- 1 med onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut in half
- 4 med red potatoes
- 1 package Echrich smoked sausage, cut into serving sized chunks
- 1 bottle of beer
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 Tablespoons caraway seed
- Garlic salt to taste
- Do not peel the red potatoes.
- Chunk up the sweet potatoes into whatever size you like.
- I don't usually peel the sweet potatoes or apples, but you can.
- Place all ingredients in large oval crockpot.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.