- 3 cups broccoli florets, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 ½ cups (1/2 medium) red onion, peeled and cut into ¼-inch slices
- 6 tablespoons soybean oil, divided (vegetable oil)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 cups cooked couscous
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Toss broccoli, red pepper and onions with 2 tablespoons soybean oil and ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Place on foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes until vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, cook couscous according to package directions.
- Place cooked couscous and roasted vegetables in large bowl.
- Pour vinegar and remaining soybean oil over salad and sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper; toss lightly until combined.
- Serve warm or chilled.
Yield: 6 servings.
Per 1 cup serving: calories 270, 14 g fat (2 g sat fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 5 g protein (3.5 g soy protein), 3 g dietary fiber
*2008 Soyfoods Guide Recipe