- 6 eggs, separated
- ¾ cup sugar, divided
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup soy flour blend (see below)
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups whipped whipping cream
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- ½ cup blue berries
Soy Flour Blend
- 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup soy flour
Combine both flours and keep in canister to use for any recipe using all-purpose flour as an ingredient.
Makes 8 cups blended flour.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form; gradually add ½ cup sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored; gradually beat in ¼ cup sugar; add vanilla.
- Fold egg yolk mixture into beaten egg whites.
- Sift together soy flour blend, baking powder and salt; fold into egg mixture.
- Spread batter evenly in a greased jelly roll pan (15 ½ x 10½ x 1-inch) lined with wax paper.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 14 to 16 minutes or until lightly brown and done when inserted with a wooden pick.
- Immediately loosen sides and turn out on a cloth towel sprinkled with sifted powdered sugar.
- Starting at narrow end, roll cake and towel together; cool.
- For filling combine whipped cream, strawberries and blueberries.
- Unroll cooled jelly roll and spread with filling.
- Re-roll and place on serving plate.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Garnish with additional whipped cream and fruit.
Makes 10 one-inch slices.