- 1½ cups oatmeal
- 1 ½ cup soy flour blend
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup margarine, melted
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- ½ cup vanilla soy milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup chopped soynuts
- Combine oatmeal, soy flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt in large mixing bowl.
- Add melted margarine.
- Set aside ½ cup for topping.
- Press the remaining mixture into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- While bars are baking prepare caramel layer.
- Combine caramels and soy milk in microwave safe container and melt at low heat stirring often until mixture is smooth.
- When bars have baked 10 minutes remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips and soynuts; then drizzle with caramel mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup crumb mixture.
- Bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Cool before cutting.
Makes 3 dozen bars.