- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ½ cups soy flour blend
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Food coloring
- Wooden sticks
- Combine margarine and sugar in large mixing bowl until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Stir in soy flour blend, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Divide dough into three portions and place each into a separate small mixing bowl.
- Add food color to each dough to make a different color.
- Refrigerate dough for one hour or until chilled.
- Roll each section of dough into a rectangle 6x12-inches using parchment paper.
- Lay each rectangle piece of dough on top of a rolled section to make three layers.
- Roll up as a jelly roll and refrigerate about 30 minutes.
- Slice dough into ½-inch slices and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Flatten each cookie slightly with floured measuring cup.
- Slide wooden stick under each cookie to the center.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool completely on baking sheet.
Makes about 2 dozen lollipop cookies.