- 1 tablespoon dry pork rub
- 1 tablespoon soy flour blend
- 1 pound boneless pork, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) soy beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) red beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) green chili peppers, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Garnish: soy cream cheese, green onion, corn tortilla strips*
- Combine dry pork rub and soy flour blend into large plastic bag; add pork cubes and seal bag; coat pork cubes with dry mixture.
- Heat vegetable oil in soup pot; add coated pork and saute until pork is browned on all sides.
- Add onion, green pepper and garlic; cook until onion and green pepper are tender.
- Add beans, green chili peppers, cumin and chicken broth.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serves 4 to 6.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with soy cream cheese, chopped green onion and corn tortilla strips.
CORN TORTILLA STRIPS
- 6 corn tortillas
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Cut tortillas in half; stack tortillas and cut in strips.
- Heat vegetable oil in skillet and fry a few strips at a time until lightly browned; remove with slotted spoon and place on paper towel.