- 2 Cups diced cooked chicken or 1 package/8z of Firm Tofu
- 2 Cups thinly sliced boy choy
- ½ Cup thinly sliced green onions with Tops
- 8 ounces of mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup julienne-cut carrots, 1 inch long
- 1 1-inch piece peeled fresh gingerroot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 3 cups of water
- 1 can (14 ounces) of low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles- oriental (instead of ramen noodle season package use ¼ tsp of Chinese five spice and 1/8 tsp of white pepper and other Asian of choose)
- Dice chicken and thinly slice bok choy and green onions, set aside, Slice mushroom.
- Cut carrot into julienne strips: cut strips into 1 inch pieces.
- Peel gingerroot; finely chop.
- Place mushrooms, carrots, gingerroot and garlic in 6qt pan.
- Add water, broth, soy sauce and seasoning packet from ramen noodles; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken (tofu), bok choy, onions, and noodles.
- Cover; remove from heat.
- Let stand 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Yield 8 servings
1 cup = 130 kcal, 3 grams of fat, and 12g of carbohydrates