- 1/2 cup local raw honey
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups hot raw milk
- In a small saucepan, combine honey, cocoa powder and water, mix well.
- Cook over low heat about 5 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Stir constantly.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla.
- Set aside until ready to serve.
- To serve, stir chocolate mixture into hot milk to taste.
Syrup may be prepared in advance and stored, covered at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.