- 1 (8 ounce package) soy cream cheese
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 cups soy flour blend
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Yellow food coloring
- Blend together soy cream cheese and margarine in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Stir in 2 cups sugar, lemon extract and lemon zest .
- Add soy flour blend, baking powder and baking soda; mix well.
- Refrigerate about 30 minutes to chill dough.
- Blend 1/3 cup sugar and yellow food coloring.
- Shape tablespoon of dough in ball and roll in colored sugar; flatten and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 13 to 15 minutes.
- Cool a few minutes before removing from pan.
Makes 4 dozen.
Soy Flour Blend
- 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup soy flour
- Combine both flours and keep in canister to use for any recipe using all-purpose flour as an ingredient.
Makes 8 cups blended flour.