- 1 lb. Top Sirloin Steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. saki or dry sherry or chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- green onions (white and green), cut length-wise and then diagonally into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 8 oz. Nappa cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup edible pod peas
- 1 cup cooked short grain rice
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Combine soy sauce, sugar and wine/stock in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat wok or electric frying pan to medium heat.
- Heat oil, add steak strips and stir until beef is browned (about 3-5 minutes).
- Push beef to one side.
- On the other side, add green onions and peppers and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cabbage and sprouts - stir-fry about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle soy mixture over meat and vegetables still keeping the beef separate - cook for 1 minute.
- Place rice on plates; add steak and vegetables.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutritional information per serving: Cal 267.1; Total Fat 9.6g; Sat. Fat 2.5g; Chol 60mg; Carb 21.1g; Protein 24.2g; Sodium 681mg; Iron 3.7mg