Roasted pepper rollups
- 1 package (3 1/2 oz) soft cream cheese spread with herbs or vegetables
- 4 extra-large flour tortillas
- 1 bag (6 oz.) baby spinach
- 8 oz. thinly sliced salami or ham
- 8 oz thinly sliced Havarti or swiss cheese
- 1 Roasted red bell pepper or 1 jar (7 oz) roasted red bell peppers, drained and sliced into strips
- Spread 2 to 3 tablespoons of cream cheese close to edge of each tortilla.
- Layer each tortilla evenly with ¼ of spinach, meat and cheese.
- Lay thin strips of roasted peppers along center of each tortilla.
- Tightly roll tortilla into a spiral.
- Slice off and discard ends.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Cut rolls into 1 1/2 inch slices and secure with toothpicks.
Roasted pepper & mozzarella appetizers
- 2 bell peppers, one yellow and one red
- 1 tub fresh mozzarella, preferably the cherry sized
- olive oil salt
- pepper and/or seasoning you like (I like Montreal Steak Seasoning for this)
- fresh basil
- If you did not have your peppers roasted at the market - Set oven to broil.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place the whole peppers on the foil and place under broiler.
- When the tops of the peppers have turned black, take tongs and rotate peppers.
- Keep turning peppers until the skin is completely charred.
- Place peppers in a brown paper lunch sack or in a large zip lock bag.
- Let steam for 10 minutes.
- Remove peppers to a cutting board and let cool.
- After peppers have cooled, skins will slip off easily.
- Remove all of the skin and then cut peppers in half, removing stem carefully so peppers don't tear.
- Remove seeds carefully.
- Slice each pepper half into about 5 or 6 strips.
- Season pepper strips.
- Drain 20 to 22 mozzarella balls.
- Place mozzarella in small bowl and drizzle some olive oil on them.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper and/or your seasoning (don't be skimpy with the salt) and toss.
- Take each mozzarella ball and wrap with a strip of pepper.
- Secure with a toothpick and place on serving platter.
- Repeat with remaining.