Provided by Lynda Hardman of Lamar, Mo.
- 2 Tbsp. butter or use cooking spray
- 1 lb. sausage, cooked & well drained
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, seeded & diced
- 4 oz. chopped green chiles
- 2 1/2 c. grated cheddar cheese or pepper jack cheese if you like it hot
- 18 eggs
- Grease inside of crock pot with butter or spray.
- Beginning with sausage, layer meat, onions, peppers, chiles and cheese.
- Repeat layering process until all ingredients are gone.
- Beat eggs with whisk.
- Pour into crock pot.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa, toast and fresh fruit.
NOTE: With red pepper & green chiles this makes a wonderful Christmas crock pot.