- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (28 oz) can tomatoes, undrained
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1 oz) package ranch dressing mix (Original or Fiesta flavor)
- 1/2 c salsa
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 2 (17 oz) cans whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 (15 to 16 oz) can pinto beans
- 2 cups water
- salt & pepper to taste
- tortilla chips
- grated cheese
- Brown beef, onion and bell pepper in a large pot; drain.
- Cut up tomatoes and add to the pot with their juice.
- Add taco seasoning, dressing mix, salsa, tomato paste, corn, beans, water, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 1 hour.
- Adjust seasonings.
- Sprinkle each bowl with tortilla chips and cheese.
Makes 12 servings.