- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 can (14 oz.) beef broth
- 2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 cup frozen green soybeans edamame, not in pod
- 1 can (4.5 oz.) diced green Chile peppers
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups plain soy milk
- 2 tablespoons soy flour
- 1 package (8 oz.) processed American cheese, cubed
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Brown ground beef, onion and garlic; drain.
- Add beef broth, potatoes, carrot, edamame, Chile peppers and salt; cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add 2 cups plain soy milk.
- Blend ½ cup plain soy milk with 3 tablespoons soy flour until smooth; whisk into hot soup and cook for about 5 minutes or until hot.
- Add cheese and stir to melt.
- Ladle into soup bowls and top each serving with crumbled bacon.