- 3 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons crushed peppermint candies
- ¼ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 2 tablespoons chopped salted soynuts
- Preheat oven to 350o F.
- Beat egg whites and salt until soft peaks form; gradually add sugar and beat until egg whites are stiff.
- Gently stir in 2 tablespoons crushed peppermint candies.
- Place a tablespoon of mixture onto parchment lined baking sheet to form each puff.
- Sprinkle puffs with remaining peppermint candies.
- Place in preheated 350o F oven.
- TURN OFF oven.
- Keep oven door closed and leave puffs in oven for 5 hours.
- Remove puffs from baking sheet.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips with 1 teaspoon shortening over low heat; drizzle over puffs and then sprinkle with soynuts.
- After chocolate firms; place in airtight container.
Makes 3 dozen.