- 1 -29 oz. can solid pack pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1-12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 1/2 stick butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup chopped English walnuts or pecans
- Mix all above ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 inch cake pan.
- Spread dry yellow cake mix on top.
- Melt 1 ½ sticks butter or margarine and pour over cake mix.
- Bake for 30 minutes in 350 degree oven.
- Top with 1 cup chopped English walnuts or pecan and bake 15 minutes more or until a butter knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Top with whipped cream or cool whip.