- 1 pound buffalo stew meat
- 1 onion chopped
- Three potatoes, peeled and cut up into chunks
- 2 carrots – peeled and cut into coins
- Frozen peas & carrots to suit
- Seasoned salt
- Combine meat (which comes cut up), onion and water in a crock pot and cook on low overnight or 8 to 10 hours.
- Two hours prior to finishing, add potatoes and carrots.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Thirty minutes prior to finish add peas and carrots to suit.
- If the stew needs thickening, whisk together corn starch with water in a separate bowl.
- Add a little at a time to the stew, remembering that as the stew cools, it will thicken more.
Recipe courtesy of Flintrock Ranch