- 3 tablespoons flour
- Salt and pepper
- 3 pounds roast – round, sirloin tip, round steak, etc – cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 10-ounce can beef broth
- 2 cups red or Burgundy wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch of dried thyme or 3 sprigs, fresh thyme, stemmed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Dredge beef in flour seasoned with salt and pepper and sear in a skillet with 2 teaspoons of oil.
- Please meat in crockpot and add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Optional – add 3 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- We prefer to serve it with roasted potatoes.
- It's also good over rice.