- 1 can tomato soup
- 1/2 c. evaporated milk
- 1/2 c. milk
- Fresh chopped basil - about 2 tbls.
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 small onion
- Round steak
- Slices of Swiss or provolone cheese
- Steak seasoning
- Olive oil
- French bread
- Start by cutting your peppers into strips, followed by the onion, and then the steak.
- Put about 2 tsp. of olive oil in your pan and get it hot.
- When your oil is hot add the steak then sprinkle the steak with your steak seasoning.
- While your steak is cooking cut your French loaf in half length wise and then into sandwich size portions.
- Place in an oven at 350 to brown.
- Cook steak until it starts to brown, then add the onions and peppers.
- Cook until the onions and peppers start to soften and caramelize.
- Remove from heat.
- Remove bread from oven, bread should be crispy but not burned.
- Top with steak and peppers and add a slice of cheese on top, put back in the oven until the cheese is nice and bubbly.
- Top with the other slice of bread.
You can usually get four small or two big sandwiches from a loaf.
While your bread is in the oven and your steak and peppers are cooking you can make your soup.
- Open your can and add to your pan, slowly whisk in both types of milk.
- Chop your basil into small pieces and stir in.
- Place on stove and warm until nice and hot. (Be careful not to scald your soup)