- 1 T Kosher Salt,
- 1 T Light Brown Sugar
- 2 t Paprika
- 1 t chili powder.
- 1 Boneless Pork Shoulder 5-6 lbs from Laughing Rooster Farm
- 2 C Hickory Wood Chips, smoked 30 minutes OR liquid smoke in a pinch
- 1 c Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 c Catsup
- 1 c Brown Sugar
- 1 t Tabasco Sauce
- 1 t Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 t Kosher Salt
- Mix first 4 ingredients together and rub all over roast.
- In large pot brown roast in small amount of oil.
- Place browned roast in a roasting pan, cover tightly with foil, and cook at in 250 degree oven for 3-5 hours or until falling apart. Cooking time will vary depending on size of roast. My roast was 3-4 lbs and took 3 ½ hours.
- Place in foil pan and smoke for 30 minutes with the hickory wood chips.
- Let roast set for 30 minutes. In the mean time combine sauce ingredients in small saucepan and heat to dissolve sugar.
- Shred roast with 2 forks.
- Pour Sauce over meat and serve on buns with cole slaw.