- 1 cup soy flour blend
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup margarine
- ¾ cup apricot preserves
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons soy milk
- Combine in large mixing bowl soy flour blend, oatmeal, brown sugar and baking soda.
- Cut in margarine to make coarse crumbs.
- Press half of the mixture into a greased 8- inch square baking pan.
- Spread preserves over pressed crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining oat mixture and lightly press down with spoon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into bars.
- Blend drizzle ingredients until smooth and drizzle cooled bars.
Makes 16 bar cookies.