- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate large bowl combine cream butter and sugar; and, add eggs, milk and vanilla; mix well.
- Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in frozen blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Combine sugar and nutmeg; sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
NOTE: If using frozen blueberries use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Yields about 2 dozen.