- 1-2 Tablespoons butter
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- Fresh Parmesan cheese
- Heat butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add asparagus and cook for until crisp tender, turning asparagus to ensure even cooking. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add garlic near the end of cooking and stir frequently being careful not to brown garlic.
- Sprinkle with fresh Parmesan cheese.