- 3 cups cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 cup edamame (whole green soybeans), shelled and cooked
- 1/3 cup black olives, pitted, sliced and drained
- 1 package (12.3 oz) silken tofu
- 2 tablespoons soybean oil (vegetable oil)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic (1 clove), minced*
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Combine all salad ingredients in large bowl.
- Puree all dressing ingredients except for feta cheese in a blender of food processor until smooth scraping occasionally.
- If dressing is too thick, use pulse.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix until blended.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
Makes 6 servings
* May substitute 3/8 teaspoon garlic powder for the fresh garlic, if desired.