KOAM Morning News
Food 4 Less - Pearl Brothers True Value
1. Saga Quad States Communications, LLC ("KOAM-TV") is conducting a "CrockTober" contest (the contest). No purchase is necessary to enter or win the contest. The contest will be conducted beginning on or around October 1, 2012 & concluding on or around October 31, 2012 during the KOAM Morning News program between 5:30am and 7:00am Monday through Friday. The contest begins with viewers submitting a Crock Pot Slow Cooker Recipe either (1) via the stations web site at www.koamtv.com or (2) via regular mail to: CrockTober, P.O. Box 659, Pittsburg, KS 66762-0659 or (3) in person at the station, 2950 N.E. Highway 69, Pittsburg, KS 66762 or 745 Rangeline Road, Joplin, MO 64801 or (4) via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The entry must include contestants First and Last Name, Current Address, Day and Night time telephone numbers and date of birth, along with a Slow Cooker recipe.
2. KOAM Morning News staff will select one winning recipe each week from qualified entries. The KOAM Morning News staff will consider all submitted recipes and select the weekly winners using the following subjective criteria: (1) Ingredients used, (2) Uniqueness of recipe, (3) Ease of preparation, and (4) Pleasing taste. Winning recipe will be chosen on Mondays; October 8, 15, 22, and 29, 2012. The winning contestants name will be announced on Tuesdays; October 9, 16, 23, and 30, 2012 and the weekly winner will be contacted. The winning recipe will be shared with viewers on Wednesdays; October 10, 17, 24, and 31, 2012. Four (4) weekly winner(s) of the contest will each receive a $100.00 gift card from sponsoring business, Food 4 Less, 2800 E. 32nd Street, Joplin, MO 64804 and a Slow Cooker from Pearl Brothers True Value Hardware store, 617 Main Street, Joplin, MO 64801.
3. The contest is open to all KOAM-TV viewers 18 years of age or older who hold a valid state-issued article of identification bearing the contestant's photo. Employees of Saga Communications LLC and their sponsors, including Food 4 Less & Pearl Brothers True Value, its subsidiaries or agents and their immediate families may not participate and are not eligible to win. The term "immediate families" includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
4. Contestants must
reside within the Joplin/Pittsburg Designated Market Area which includes the
following 14 counties: In Kansas; Woodson, Allen, Bourbon, Wilson, Neosho,
Crawford, Labette, and Cherokee. In Missouri; Vernon, Barton, Jasper, Newton,
and McDonald. And in Oklahoma; Ottawa.
5. Odds of winning are based upon the number of entries which cannot be determined at this time.
6. Contest void where prohibited.
7. KOAM-TV reserves the right to disqualify any contestant in the event that contest rules have been violated. All winners must sign a release acknowledging that KOAM-TV has the right to, without further authorization, reasonably use the winner's name, voice, photo (still or video), likeness and/or biographical information, and that KOAM-TV may use such for promotional purposes on-the-air without further financial remuneration. In addition, contest winners release Saga Quad States Communications, LLC, its parent corporations, their officers, directors, stockholders and employees from any and all claims, liabilities and damages arising directly or indirectly from award or use of the prize.
8. All prizes must be claimed at the KOAM-TV studios in Pittsburg or Joplin during regular business hours 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. (KOAM-TV can waive the requirement of showing up at the station where special circumstances make it appropriate to do so) Winners are required to present valid identification as described in rule #2. All identification submitted to verify a winner is subject to verification and acceptance by KOAM-TV at its sole discretion. Identification that is counterfeit, illegible, tampered with or otherwise altered will not be accepted. KOAM-TV can require presentation of an original birth certificate, passport, Social Security card, valid driver's license or other identification to verify the winner's identity. Only one winner per household, per family, for the duration of the contest will be permitted. The winning prize is non-transferable. Winners are responsible for any state, local, or federal taxes incurred on prizes.
9. Prizewinners must come to the KOAM-TV studios in Pittsburg or Joplin within thirty (30) days of their prize being awarded to claim his/her prize. Failure to collect the prize within the specified period constitutes forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited, the prize will remain the property of KOAM-TV. Another winner will not be selected.
10. All decisions of KOAM-TV management regarding the contest are final.
11. KOAM-TV reserves the right to alter the contest rules and/or contest dates at any time.
12. In the event that the winner is subject to, or the subject of, any order of legal process issued by any government agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner, (e.g. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien and the like), Saga Quad States Communications' delivery of the prize to the official government entity claiming right to the prize shall be entitled to rely in good faith upon any documents presented by the representatives seeking to collect the prizes in lieu of the winner. Saga Quad States Communications, LLC shall not be liable for any claim by winner for damage incidental thereto.
13. A copy of the rules is available at KOAM-TV's main studio 10 miles south of Pittsburg KS on Highway 69, during normal business hours or on our website at www.koamtv.com.
# # #