- 2 butternut squash
- 2 apples
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 c chicken broth
- 3 cups coconut milk
- seasonings as desired--salt, pepper, nutmeg, curry, etc.
- Prick squash and apples all over with fork.
- Place in 400 degree oven for about 45 minutes or until tender (30 minutes for apples).
- Allow to cool, peel off skin, halve, scoop out seeds and chop into thinnish slices.
- In crock pot put roasted butternut squash and apples, onion, garlic, and chicken broth.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Puree squash mixture with immersion blender (or upright blender) until smooth.
- Add coconut milk and heat through.
- Season as desired with salt, pepper, nutmeg, curry, etc.