Submitted by Chuckie Hessong
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chili powder (add more at the end of cooking if needed)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 can or homemade chicken broth or homemade 1/14 cups water
- 1 cup corn cut off the cob or canned corn
- 1 can white hominy
- 1-4 oz can chopped green chile peppers
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and cut into bite-size pieces salt pepper garlic powder or garlic salt
Last 30 minutes add:
- 3 T yellow corn meal dissolved in small amount of water
- crushed tortilla chips
- sliced avocado
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- chopped green onions
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Add all soup ingredients EXCEPT yellow corn meal to a large crock pot. Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Dissolve yellow corn meal in small amount of water and add to soup. Cook on high for 20-30 more minutes.
- Top servings with desired toppings: crushed tortilla chips, avocado slices, cheese, sour cream, chopped green onion, and cilantro.