- Cooking spray
- 4 large red peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped kalamata olives
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a large, shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise, removing the seeds but leaving the stem. Although the stem is not edible it looks good in t his dish and helps the pepper retain its shape.
- Place the peppers cut side up in the baking dish.
- Divide the sliced garlic and the olives evenly among the peppers.
- Cut each tomato into 8 wedges and put 4 wedges into each pepper.
- Drizzle each stuffed pepper with a little oil and season with a few grinds of pepper.
- Roast the peppers for about 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese and roast for another 10 minutes or until the peppers are tender and beginning to brown around the edges.