- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 (26.5 oz) cans pasta sauce
- 1 (12 oz) box tofu, drained
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, optional
- 1 (8 oz) package lasagna noodles
- Cook ground beef, Italian sausage, onion and green pepper in large skillet over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add pasta sauce to skillet and heat mixture.
- Combine tofu, cheeses and basil in mixing bowl.
- Place 2 cups meat sauce in slow cooker; break 1/4 of the noodles to fit on top of sauce; cover with 1/3 cheese mixture and 1/3 mushrooms; repeat with 2 cups meat sauce, 1/4 of noodles, 1/3 cheese mixture and 1/3 mushrooms; repeat layers again and cover with remaining sauce and noodles.
- Cook on low heat setting for 3 to 4 hours or until noodles are tender.
- Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese before serving