- 4 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- Place bread in a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish; set aside.
- Combine eggs, milk, dry mustard and dried minced onion; pour over bread.
- Sprinkle bacon over casserole; cover and refrigerate 8 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator; let casserole stand 30 minutes.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle with shredded Cheddar cheese, and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Let breakfast casserole stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.