- 2 cups soy flour blend
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold margarine
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- In large bowl combine soy flour blend, sugar, baking powder, lemon zest and salt; mix well.
- With pastry blender cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In small bowl, combine buttermilk, egg and lemon juice.
- Add liquid mixture to flour mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- On floured surface, gently knead dough about 6 times then roll to 1/2-inch apart.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove to cooling rack.
- Combine powder sugar and lemon juice to make glaze; glaze scones and top with optional toppings.
Make 12 mini scones.