Smoke seen from miles away raises the question, what's going on in Galena?
The smoke on Thursday came from a fire at the west end of Galena, Kansas off Route 66. The owners of the bait shop there wanted to tear down the property but needed a little extra help, so they called the Galena volunteer fire department to help out.
With help from gasoline and a match the three building complex was up in flames.
"It's a controlled burn," says Galena Volunteer Fire Chief Bill Hall. "The property was owned by Kevin Cure and he wanted it burned. So we help people out in town all we can and that's why. It's under control. We brought three trucks up, wasn't any danger, we got rid of it. He's going to bulldoze it down. Everything's looking better."
Chief Hall also wanted residents to know that if you need help with a fire, they're always willing to lend a helping hand.