A grocery store in Welch, Oklahoma is a total loss following a fire Wednesday evening.
Officials say the fire started at about 8:40 p.m. Wednesday and was put out shortly after 9 a.m. the next morning.
Fire fighters from 16 different agencies including some from Kansas helped battle the fire.
One firefighter from Welch was taken to the hospital with mild heat exhaustion symptoms.
No one else was injured.
Officials say an electrical malfunction caused the fire.
A nearby beauty salon owner, Rhonda Charles, says no grocery store will leave the city with a void for the time being.
"We went there every day for lunch, pretty much every day, and that's where I got my Diet Coke every morning," says Charles.
The owner of the grocery store says he does have insurance on the building and plans on rebuilding.
A Granby woman is sentenced to four years in the death of her infant son. A Newton County Judge sentenced Elizabeth Farnam today on charges of involuntary manslaughter.More >>
The Christmas season is upon us, and the City of Joplin's Christmas Parade is to be held the evening of Tuesday, December 10. To facilitate an improved parade route, Joplin Police Department will establish a temporary no parking orderMore >>