Almost $400,000 will be distributed in Southeast Kansas thanks to the Pritchett Trust.
The check presentation and ceremony was held today in Pittsburg where they announced the more than 30 organizations receiving grants through the trust.
The mission of Pritchett Trust is to improve the quality of life in Crawford County and Southeast Kansas by supporting initiatives that serve these populations. Since the first grants were presented in 1995 the trust has awarded a total of more than $6.5 million to organizations in the area.
This year grants were awarded to the following:
- American Legion Post #43
- Arma City Library
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Crawford County
- Boy Scouts of America
- The Broadway Tower Corporation
- Caring for Kids
- Catholic Charities, Inc.
- Cato Historical Preservation Association
- Chicopee Foundation, Inc.
- Children's Advocacy Center
- City of Frontenac, Kansas
- City of Pittsburg Parks & Recreation Department
- Colonial Fox Theatre Foundation
- Elm Acres Youth and Family Services
- Franklin Community Council, Inc.
- Hearts and Hammers of Pittsburg, Inc.
- Meadowlark Elementary
- Mother to Mother Ministry
- New Hope Special Olympics
- Northeast School District
- Pawprints on the Heartland
- Pittsburg Adult Education Center
- Pittsburg Community Theatre
- Pittsburg Family YMCA
- Pittsburg High School
- Pittsburg Public Library
- Pittsburg State University
- R.V. Haderlein Elementary School
- The Salvation Army
- SEK Interlocal #637
- SEK Learning Center
- St. Mary's Elementary School
- St. Mary's-Colgan Schools
- Unified School District 247 Southeast
- Wesley House