Aired November 20, 2012
- 1 cup soy flour blend
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons soy milk
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup coconut
- Combine in mixing bowl soy flour blend, margarine, oatmeal and baking powder.
- Add one egg and soy milk; mix thoroughly.
- Press into 8x8 inch greased baking pan.
- Spread apricot preserves over oatmeal layer.
- In mixing bowl combine 1/4 cup margarine, 1 cup sugar, egg, vanilla and coconut.
- Spread topping evenly cover apricot preserves.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Insert wooden pick in center to check doneness.
- Cool; cut into bars.
Makes about 2 dozen bars.