Aired November 16, 2012
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups soy flour blend
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 (14 oz) package caramels
- 2 tablespoons soy milk
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup plain coated candies
- 3 ounces vanilla bar coating
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- In mixing bowl cream margarine and brown sugar; add egg and vanilla.
- In separate bowl mix soy flour blend, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture.
- Add oatmeal; press combined m ixture into a greased 15x10x1 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Melt caramels and soy milk until smooth; spread over baked cookie crust.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and coated candies.
- Melt white bar coating and shortening until smooth; drizzle over bar cookies.
- Cut into bars.
Makes about 5 dozen bars.