- 1 1/4 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup soy flour blend
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cups finely chopped salted soynuts
- 5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 ounce vanilla almond bark
- 1 teaspoon shortening
2 tablespoons finely chopped salted soynuts
- Combine oatmeal, soy flour blend and baking soda in mixing bowl; set aside.
- Cream brown sugar and margarine until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla; mix thoroughly.
- Gradually mix in reserved dry ingredients.
- Stir in 1/4 cup salted soy nuts.
- Spread batter evenly into greased 8x8-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool; cut into small squares. Place on wire rack over parchment or waxed paper.
- Chocolate Glaze: Combine semi-sweet chocolate bars and shortening in small saucepan and stir over low heat until melted. Spoon melted chocolate over each cooled square. Let set for few minutes then add White Drizzle.
- White Drizzle: Place 1 square vanilla almond bark in microwave safe bowl with 1 teaspoon shortening and heat at 30 second intervals until melted. Drizzle over bites.
- For variety drizzle some bites with White Drizzle and sprinkle some with the 2 tablespoons salted soy nuts.
Makes 3 dozen bites.
# # #
Soy Flour Blend
7 cups all-purpose flour
1 up soy flour
Combine both flours and keep in canister to use for any recipe using all-purpose flour as an ingredient. Makes 8 cups blended flour.