Quantcast

Classroom evacuated at Reynolds Hall at MSSU - KOAM TV 7

Classroom evacuated at Reynolds Hall at MSSU

Updated at 2:10 PM CST:  The Public Information Officer from MSSU, Cassie Mathis, tells us there was no actual fire at Reynolds Hall.

Mathis says an autoclave, a device used to sterilize equipment, got overheated and caused the room to get very smokey. The room was evacuated for about 20 minutes, but no classes were canceled.

There was no damage and no injuries.

Posted February 13, 2013 at 12:44 PM CST:  Joplin Police confirms emergency crews are working a fire call at Reynolds Hall on the campus of Missouri Southern.

No other details are available at this time.

We'll post more information as it is confirmed.

Powered by WorldNow

KOAM - Licensed to Pittsburg, Kansas
Send tips, ideas and press releases to: tips@koamtv.com
Send newsroom questions or comments to: comments@koamtv.com
Phone: (417) 624-0233 or (620) 231-0400
Web comments or questions: webmaster@koamtv.com
Newsroom Fax: (417) 624-3158

Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KOAM. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.