News release from the Joplin Area Chamber of Commerce
The Joplin Area Chamber of Commerce held its 96th Annual Banquet, Joplin Rocks, this evening at the Holiday Inn Convention Center. Many awards were given out during the evening.
Golden Apple Awards sponsored by The Empire District Electric Company and Missouri Southern State University:
- K-2nd category - Holly Davis, Duenweg/Duquesne Elementary
- 3rd-5th category - Kelly Miller, Emerson Elementary
- 6th-8th category - Sara Reineke, North Middle School
- 9th-12th category - Clarence Shelton, Thomas Jefferson Independent Day School
Fifty-nine teachers from Joplin public and private schools were nominated by students, parents and coworkers. The Golden Apple Awards program, in its 28th year, is designed to recognize excellence in the teaching profession.
Small and Large Industry of the Year, sponsored by the Joplin Regional Economic Development Alliance.
Every year a manufacturing, transportation or utility company is recognized as the Large and Small Industry of the Year for exhibiting substantial growth and creativity in addressing operating obstacles. The winners must make an ongoing commitment to the community as a company and through their employees.
Large Industry of the Year
Small Industry of the Year
Small Business of the Year sponsored by BKD, LLP
The Small Business of the Year Awards program is our opportunity to recognize the importance of small business to the economy, job growth, new products and services. Presenting Sponsor of the awards is BKD, LLP.
1-10 Employee Category
11-50 Employee Category
Not for Profit Category
- Children's Haven of Southwest Missouri
Outstanding Citizen of the Year sponsored by Southwest Missouri Bank
- Clifford Wert of U.S. Bank (photo courtesy of U.S Bank)
Milestone Members presented by Sign Designs
- Above Par Transportation, Inc.
- Action Moving
- Advanced Orthotics & Prosthetics
- American Ramp Company
- Big John's Heavy Equipment
- Brunner's Fabrication, Inc.
- Buttram Commerical Real Estate, Inc.
- Cardinal Detecto Mfg.
- CMC Recycling
- Commercial Gasket & Packing Company, Inc.
- Del Rio Bordertown Café
- Family Pharmacy
- The Fireplace Shoppe
- First Home Mortgage
- Frank Fletcher Nissan
- GalaxSea Cruises & Tours
- Goetz Appraisal & Development, Inc.
- Stephen H. Holt, Jasper County Collector
- Industrial Physical Therapy
- Integrity Homecare
- Joplin Host Lions Club
- Kiwanis Club of Joplin
- Layne Electric Company, Inc.
- Mid-America Precision Products, LLC
- Oral & Facial Surgery Center of Joplin
- Panera Bread
- PCS Phosphate
- Ramsey MediaWorks, LLC
- Route 66 Carousel Park
- Frank W. Shagets, Jr., M.D., P. C.
- John P. Shoenberger, CPA
- State Farm Insurance - Kyle Hickam Agency
- Tri-State Motor Transit Company
- William David Sweeney, DDS
- Wildcat Glades Conservation & Audubon Center
- Total Electronics Contracting
- Tri-State Contractors Association
- The Wild Flower
- ABC of Joplin, Inc.
- American Advertising Federation Joplin
- Bill's Electric, Inc.
- Central Christian Center
- College Heights Christian School
- DataGraphics Printing
- Food 4 Less
- Franklin Technology Center
- George Washington Carver National Monument
- Mid-America Media, Inc.
- Ryan's Family Steakhouse
- Sign Designs
- St. Mary's Elementary School
- Waterjet Systems International, Inc.
- City of Webb City
- Yorktown Properties
- Finley Agency, Inc.
- Linda S. Teeter Insurance Agency
- National Health Care of Joplin
- BKD, LLP
- Warten, Fisher, Lee And Brown, LLC
YPN of the Year
- Nicole Brown (2013)
- Amanda Mitchell (2012)
YPN Community Service Award
The 95th Annual Banquet was made possible by many sponsors.
- Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steakburgers
Highlight of the Chamber Year Video Sponsor
Entertainment Provided by:
- Grant Landis and Howard Nunnelly
Master of Ceremonies
- Dr. Bruce Speck, Missouri Southern State University
# # #