Quantcast

John Q. Hammons has passed away - KOAM TV 7

John Q. Hammons has passed away

Updated:

Prominent hotel developer and Missouri philanthropist John Q. Hammons has passed away.

Hammons built subdivisions and a number of hotels in southwest Missouri as well as the Joplin Convention Center.

He built 200 hotels nationwide, avoiding big cities in favor of college towns and state capitals.

He also donated millions to hospitals, colleges and public TV.

Hammons was 94.

  • Local NewsMore>>

  • MSSU Board authorizes $30 million bond sale for residence hall construction

    MSSU Board authorizes $30 million bond sale for residence hall construction

    Friday, April 18 2014 4:51 PM EDT2014-04-18 20:51:28 GMT
    A bond-issue signing, authorizing the sale of nearly $30 million in bonds for the construction of a new residence hall complex, was held Friday, April 18, during the Board of Governors meeting at Missouri Southern State University. Representatives from Edward Jones and Armstrong Teasdale were on hand for the signing, which directed the issuance of $15,030,000 auxiliary enterprise system refunding revenue bonds and $14,320,000 auxiliary enterprise system improvement revenue bonds.More >>
    A bond-issue signing, authorizing the sale of nearly $30 million in bonds for the construction of a new residence hall complex, was held Friday, April 18, during the Board of Governors meeting at Missouri Southern State University. Representatives from Edward Jones and Armstrong Teasdale were on hand for the signing, which directed the issuance of $15,030,000 auxiliary enterprise system refunding revenue bonds and $14,320,000 auxiliary enterprise system improvement revenue bonds.More >>
  • KDHE, KDA warn of risk of human Salmonella infection from live poultry

    KDHE, KDA warn of risk of human Salmonella infection from live poultry

    Friday, April 18 2014 4:50 PM EDT2014-04-18 20:50:04 GMT
    Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) and Kansas Department of Agriculture (KDA) warn of the risk of human Salmonella infection from live poultry.More >>
    Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) and Kansas Department of Agriculture (KDA) warn of the risk of human Salmonella infection from live poultry.More >>
  • Arma toddler burned after gas can explodes

    Arma toddler burned after gas can explodes

    Friday, April 18 2014 4:47 PM EDT2014-04-18 20:47:15 GMT
    A two year old and his step-father are being treated for burns after a gas container ignited Friday afternoon in Arma, Kansas. They were by an active fire pit when a nearby plastic gas container somehow ignited. The toddler's clothing caught fire. The step-father grabbed him and extinguished the child's clothing with help from a neighbor. The boy was taken by medical helicopter to a Kansas City hospital. The step-father was taken to a nearby hospital with burns on his arms and hands.More >>
    A two year old and his step-father are being treated for burns after a gas container ignited Friday afternoon in Arma, Kansas. They were by an active fire pit when a nearby plastic gas container somehow ignited. The toddler's clothing caught fire. The step-father grabbed him and extinguished the child's clothing with help from a neighbor. The boy was taken by medical helicopter to a Kansas City hospital. The step-father was taken to a nearby hospital with burns on his arms and hands.More >>
Powered by WorldNow

KOAM - Licensed to Pittsburg, Kansas
Send tips, ideas and press releases to: tips@koamtv.com
Send newsroom questions or comments to: comments@koamtv.com
Phone: (417) 624-0233 or (620) 231-0400
Web comments or questions: webmaster@koamtv.com
Newsroom Fax: (417) 624-3158

Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KOAM. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.