Quantcast

Weir, KS House Fire - KOAM TV 7

Weir, KS House Fire

Updated:

An electrical box fire damages a home in Weir, Kansas.

The fire broke out just after 3:30pm at a home along the 600 block of main street in Weir. Officials say the fire began in an electrical box in the kitchen of the home. Fire crews from Weir and Columbus assisted in the fire.

"By the time we got here, there was a lot of smoke showing, I had my guys start and vent the roof and soon after we had it pretty much knocked out" says David Allen of the Columbus Fire Department.

No injuries were reported in the fire. Officials say the smoke and water damage is estimated at a couple thousand dollars.

 

Powered by WorldNow

KOAM - Licensed to Pittsburg, Kansas
Send tips, ideas and press releases to: tips@koamtv.com
Send newsroom questions or comments to: comments@koamtv.com
Phone: (417) 624-0233 or (620) 231-0400
Web comments or questions: webmaster@koamtv.com
Newsroom Fax: (417) 624-3158

Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KOAM. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.