The United Way of Southwest Missouri and Southeast Kansas Tornado Recovery Fund wants to allow non-profits to apply for funds to assist survivors.
The grants can be used from program expenses for long term recovery but must also align with United Way priority areas such as education and health.
This cycle United Way is distributing around $240,000 of the $2.8 million originally donated for the cause.
The deadline to apply is September 5.
United Way Tornado Recovery Funding Guidelines
- Funding may be dispersed to non-profit agencies engaged in long-term tornado recovery efforts for the 2011 Joplin/Duquesne tornado.
- Funds will be available to all community non-profit organizations but first priority for funding will be United Way Member Agencies.
- Funding is program specific and cannot be used to cover revenue deficits.
- Agencies may apply multiple times for funding. There will be another funding cycle in 2014 and a final cycle in 2015.
- Funding will be awarded on the basis of the quality of the request, community need, and the amount of funding available.
To learn how to apply CLICK HERE.