Quantcast

Senators Blunt, McCaskill Urge President To Approve Missouri Dis - KOAM TV 7

Senators Blunt, McCaskill Urge President To Approve Missouri Disaster Declaration After Recent Flooding

Updated:

NEWS RELEASE ISSUED AUGUST 28, 2013 BY THE OFFICE OF U.S. SENATOR ROY BLUNT (MO.)

Senators Blunt, McCaskill Urge President To Approve Missouri Disaster Declaration After Recent Flooding

WASHINGTON. D.C. – U.S. Senators Roy Blunt (Mo.) and Claire McCaskill (Mo.) sent a letter to President Barack Obama today urging him to approve a disaster designation for 22 Missouri counties that were affected by recent flooding and flash flooding earlier this month. The letter follows a formal request from Governor Jay Nixon earlier this week. Click here to read the Senators’ letter.

“In light of the serious impact of this event on lives and property in the areas that has occurred, it is our sincere hope that you will grant Governor Nixon’s request in a prompt manner, to help in the recovery of residents and communities affected by this disaster,” the Senators wrote. “Along with our fellow Missourians, we eagerly await your decision on this request for assistance.”

After joint preliminary damage assessments conducted by the Federal Emergency Management Agency, the Small Business Administration and state and local agencies, the Governor has specifically requested both Public Assistance and Individual Assistance for the counties of Barry, Camden, Dallas, Laclede, Maries, McDonald, Miller, Osage, Ozark, Phelps, Pulaski, Taney, Texas and Webster. Additionally, he is seeking Public Assistance for the counties of Cedar, Dade, Shannon and Wright and Individual Assistance for the counties of Dent, Gasconade, Morgan and Polk.

Individual assistance means that eligible individuals and households can seek federal assistance for uninsured losses from severe weather and flooding; public assistance allows local governments to seek assistance for response and recovery expenses associated with the severe weather and flooding.

# # #

  • Local NewsMore>>

  • MSSU Board authorizes $30 million bond sale for residence hall construction

    MSSU Board authorizes $30 million bond sale for residence hall construction

    Friday, April 18 2014 4:51 PM EDT2014-04-18 20:51:28 GMT
    A bond-issue signing, authorizing the sale of nearly $30 million in bonds for the construction of a new residence hall complex, was held Friday, April 18, during the Board of Governors meeting at Missouri Southern State University. Representatives from Edward Jones and Armstrong Teasdale were on hand for the signing, which directed the issuance of $15,030,000 auxiliary enterprise system refunding revenue bonds and $14,320,000 auxiliary enterprise system improvement revenue bonds.More >>
    A bond-issue signing, authorizing the sale of nearly $30 million in bonds for the construction of a new residence hall complex, was held Friday, April 18, during the Board of Governors meeting at Missouri Southern State University. Representatives from Edward Jones and Armstrong Teasdale were on hand for the signing, which directed the issuance of $15,030,000 auxiliary enterprise system refunding revenue bonds and $14,320,000 auxiliary enterprise system improvement revenue bonds.More >>
  • KDHE, KDA warn of risk of human Salmonella infection from live poultry

    KDHE, KDA warn of risk of human Salmonella infection from live poultry

    Friday, April 18 2014 4:50 PM EDT2014-04-18 20:50:04 GMT
    Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) and Kansas Department of Agriculture (KDA) warn of the risk of human Salmonella infection from live poultry.More >>
    Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) and Kansas Department of Agriculture (KDA) warn of the risk of human Salmonella infection from live poultry.More >>
  • Arma toddler burned after gas can explodes

    Arma toddler burned after gas can explodes

    Friday, April 18 2014 4:47 PM EDT2014-04-18 20:47:15 GMT
    A two year old and his step-father are being treated for burns after a gas container ignited Friday afternoon in Arma, Kansas. They were by an active fire pit when a nearby plastic gas container somehow ignited. The toddler's clothing caught fire. The step-father grabbed him and extinguished the child's clothing with help from a neighbor. The boy was taken by medical helicopter to a Kansas City hospital. The step-father was taken to a nearby hospital with burns on his arms and hands.More >>
    A two year old and his step-father are being treated for burns after a gas container ignited Friday afternoon in Arma, Kansas. They were by an active fire pit when a nearby plastic gas container somehow ignited. The toddler's clothing caught fire. The step-father grabbed him and extinguished the child's clothing with help from a neighbor. The boy was taken by medical helicopter to a Kansas City hospital. The step-father was taken to a nearby hospital with burns on his arms and hands.More >>
Powered by WorldNow

KOAM - Licensed to Pittsburg, Kansas
Send tips, ideas and press releases to: tips@koamtv.com
Send newsroom questions or comments to: comments@koamtv.com
Phone: (417) 624-0233 or (620) 231-0400
Web comments or questions: webmaster@koamtv.com
Newsroom Fax: (417) 624-3158

Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KOAM. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.