Quantcast

Assault under investigation in Joplin - KOAM TV 7

Assault under investigation in Joplin

Updated:
Mark Thomas Mark Thomas
Samuel Hughes Samuel Hughes

Updated November 4, 2013 at 4:00 PM:  NEWS RELEASE ISSUED BY THE JOPLIN POLICE DEPARTMENT

A second person hasbeen charged in the assault that occurred at 3216 S. Grand on October 30,2013.  The Newton County Prosecutor'sOffice filed First Degree Assault charges against Samuel J. Hughes a 24 yearold male with an address of 3216 S. Grand Apt. 6.  Mr. Hughes was arrested on November 1, 2013and was later transported to the Newton County Jail.

Mark A. Thomas isstill at large and has not been located at this time.  Anyone with information on Mr. Thomas'whereabouts are asked to contact the Joplin Police Department or your local lawenforcement agency.  The victim, AmyDenney, remains in critical condition.

# # #

Updated October 20, 2013 at 11:05 AM:  NEWS RELEASE ISSUED BY THE CITY OF JOPLIN

The female victimhas been identified as Amy Denney, a 29 year old female from Joplin.  She is still listed in critical condition atthis time.  The Joplin Police Departmentcontinues to follow up on leads on the investigation.

Paperwork wassubmitted to the Newton County Prosecutor's Office this morning on Mark A.Thomas a 28 year old male with an address in Diamond, MO for 1stDegree Assault charges and Armed Criminal Action.  The Newton County Prosecutor's Office hasissued a warrant for the arrest of Mr. Thomas with a $100,000 bond.  The suspect in this case is currently not incustody and we are attempting to locate him.

If anyone has any information on the location of Mark Thomas,please contact the Joplin Police Department. You can contact us via phone at 417-623-3131, on our web page at www.joplinpolice.org, on our Facebookpage at www.facebook/JoplinPD, orsubmit a tip to the Heartland Crime Stoppers by calling 417-782-TIPZ or ontheir web page at www.heartlandtipz.com.

# # #

Posted October 30, 2013 at 10:54 AM:  NEWS RELEASE ISSUED BY THE JOPLIN POLICE DEPARTMENT

1st Degree Assault

Joplin Police received a call of a disturbance at 3216 Grand at 01:35 hours this morning. Upon arrival officers encountered a 29 year old female with serious head injuries. The victim was transported to Freeman Hospital for treatment.

Investigators are currently processing the scene and following up on numerous leads. At this time no arrests have been made. As the investigation continues, additional information will be made available.

# # #

• Local NewsMore>>

Blessing Ceremony

Sunday, February 25 2018 9:42 PM EST2018-02-26 02:42:16 GMT
    Supporters of God's Resort prayed over the frame of their new fiveplex and wrote Bible verses or personal messages on the frame, which will be the future home to people like Anna Crooks. "I that there's a need for places like God's Resort. I know there's a lot of people out there that are in the place where I used to be. There's a picture of the wall in there of me in my hoodie. I used to come in late. I would sit with my hoodie on and I didn't want to partic...More >>

Commerce Shooting Leaves One Man Dead, One in Custody

Saturday, February 24 2018 10:38 PM EST2018-02-25 03:38:59 GMT

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation  (OSBI) is assisting Commerce, OK police with a fatal shooting.

More >>

More >>

Heavy Rains Lead To Road Closings And Travel Danger

Saturday, February 24 2018 9:20 PM EST2018-02-25 02:20:57 GMT
    Spring Street closed offSpring Street closed off
    Spring Street closed offSpring Street closed off
    Oronogo police posted on Facebook that Highway D was flooded and closed by MODOT this morning. And others are warning drivers to be safe. Roads that regularly flood are closed in Neosho as well. A gate blocks passage on Spring Street where a current of water flows across the road.. While some people were driving over water by day, police say its much more dangerous at night when you can't tell the depth.  Police say it doesn't take much water to move a vehicle and its b...More >>
Powered by Frankly

KOAM - Licensed to Pittsburg, Kansas
Send tips, ideas and press releases to: tips@koamtv.com
Send newsroom questions or comments to: comments@koamtv.com
Phone: (417) 624-0233 or (620) 231-0400
Web comments or questions: webmaster@koamtv.com
Newsroom Fax: (417) 624-3158

Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 KOAM. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.