POSTED ON BEHALF OF THE CITY OF NEOSHO
Leaf pickup to begin Nov 12
The City of Neosho’s leaf collection program will begin Tuesday, Nov. 12.
This will be the start of the first complete pass through the city, picking up leaves that residents have left by the curb. It is a free service to the citizens of Neosho. Please allow up to two weeks for work crews to arrive in your neighborhood. A second pass will follow at the end of November.
City residents are asked to please get their leaves out by the curb as soon as possible, and not rake leaves into the street. The city will not accept mulched leaves.
Additionally, please take note of the following:
- To ensure proper pick-up, it is recommended leaf raking be completed as soon as possible.
- To ensure pick-up, citizens should have leaves raked out to the edge of the street, not in the street.
- Avoid raking leaves near catch basins, culvert pipes or into ditches. This can cause severe flooding problems in the event of heavy rain.
- Rake leaves into loose piles, along the edge of the curb. Leaves placed in the street can cause safety problems for both vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
- No leaves containing branches, brush, grass clippings, animal waste or other debris will be picked up.
- In the event of inclement weather conditions and city crews fall behind, every effort will be made to pick up all leaves that are raked to the curb.
- The fall leaf collection program is the only time leaves may be deposited by the street.
The City of Neosho would like to thank citizens for their cooperation during the program cycle. For more information, please call Neosho Public Works at 451-8071.
# # #