No injuries in Joplin fire - KOAM TV 7

No injuries in Joplin fire



The Joplin Fire Department responded to a reported Structure Fire at 436 N Main Street at 2:58 AM Friday, December 06, 2013. Fire crews arrived on the scene at 3:02 AM to find heavy smoke and fire coming from a one-story single family dwelling. It was first reported that two people might be inside, but after investigation it was determined that no one was home at the time of the fire. The house was a total loss.

The fire was declared under control at 3:51 AM and declared out at 6:11 AM. Crews remained on scene until 08:37 AM.

The building is owned by James Krudwig of Webb City and rented by Terrence Boaz.

No injuries were reported to either fire personnel or others in the area. 6 Joplin Fire units and 18 Joplin Fire personnel responded. JPD blocked Main Street during fire operations and METS stood by if needed. The Red Cross was called to assist with any needs of the occupants.

The cause of the fire was determined to be electrical failure.

# # #

Powered by WorldNow

KOAM - Licensed to Pittsburg, Kansas
Send tips, ideas and press releases to: tips@koamtv.com
Send newsroom questions or comments to: comments@koamtv.com
Phone: (417) 624-0233 or (620) 231-0400
Web comments or questions: webmaster@koamtv.com
Newsroom Fax: (417) 624-3158

Powered by WorldNow All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KOAM. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.