Gas leak causes evacuation at Lamar school; all safe - KOAM TV 7

Gas leak causes evacuation at Lamar school; all safe

Students at West Elementary and Middle School in Lamar, Missouri were evacuated Friday after a natural gas leak was discovered.

About 630 students were removed from the school and sent to Lamar High School, a block up the road.

Officials with Missouri Gas Energy say a piece of equipment fell and hit a natural gas line, causing the leak.

Students were let back into school shortly after.  No injuries were reported.
Powered by Frankly

KOAM - Licensed to Pittsburg, Kansas
Send tips, ideas and press releases to: tips@koamtv.com
Send newsroom questions or comments to: comments@koamtv.com
Phone: (417) 624-0233 or (620) 231-0400
Web comments or questions: webmaster@koamtv.com
Newsroom Fax: (417) 624-3158

Powered by Frankly, Inc. All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 KOAM. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.