Riverton family loses home to fire - KOAM TV 7

Riverton family loses home to fire


The Galena Fire Department responded to a fire at a home in Riverton, KS last night.

The fire was controlled shortly after midnight and the home is a total loss.

Officials have not determined a cause of the fire.

A relative of the homeowner says a dryer was the only appliance known to be left on and the family was not home.

The homeowner did have insurance and no one was home at the time of the fire.

First Baptist Church in Riverton is accepting donations for the Rogers family.

The church is open on Sundays or weekdays from 9am-12pm.

Powered by Frankly

KOAM - Licensed to Pittsburg, Kansas
Send tips, ideas and press releases to: tips@koamtv.com
Send newsroom questions or comments to: comments@koamtv.com
Phone: (417) 624-0233 or (620) 231-0400
Web comments or questions: webmaster@koamtv.com
Newsroom Fax: (417) 624-3158

Powered by Frankly, Inc. All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 KOAM. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.