Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
SOURCE Decision Resources Group
New Executive Briefing from Decision Resources Group Shares Forward-Thinking Insight on Seven Key Players in U.S. Managed Markets
BURLINGTON, Mass., Feb. 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Decision Resources Group's expert analysts have generated predictions for seven U.S. managed care stakeholder groups, as well as succinct explanations of the impact of those predictions in 2014, outlined in a new Executive Briefing. The overarching specter of healthcare reform, which drove near constant change for companies doing business in healthcare throughout 2013, continues to be the core driver of unprecedented shifts in strategy for key players in U.S. healthcare as they move through 2014.
- Decision Resources Group's newest Executive Briefing, entitled "2014 In Focus: 7 Players to Watch in U. S. Managed Markets," discusses seven key players that will drive further evolution of U. S. healthcare industry:
- ACOs will partner with health plans and take on risk.
- Employers will seek private exchanges and narrow networks.
- Healthcare exchanges will evolve in plan options and premiums for 2015 enrollment.
- Managed Care Organization (MCO) earnings will be flat as Medicare Advantage growth slows and narrow networks grow.
- Hospitals and Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs) will get more involved in the insurer space…and leverage their brands.
- PBMs will shift from mail to retail and explore narrow formularies.
- Physicians will partner with commercial ACOs…and retail clinics.
- The full Executive Briefing can be downloaded here.
- Laura Beerman, Director of Customer Segment Analysis for Decision Resources Group, said: "Now more than ever, specific and actionable knowledge is vital. It is critical for pharma to understand and prioritize the impact of organized customers like ACOs and IDNs from multiple perspectives – from accounts to geography to macro trends. Prioritizing within these segments to develop targeted strategies and messaging is the essence of being a value partner in healthcare's new world order."
- Bill Melville, Market Analyst for Decision Resources Group, adds: "Most health exchanges stumbled out of the gate, falling prey to technical problems and low turnout. A handful of state-run versions have succeeded in expanding coverage by focusing a consumer friendliness and basic functionality. Insurers who bet heavily on strong exchange business could face problems with lower-than-expected 2014 enrollment."
- Decision Resources Group is offering an open webinar based on the new Executive Briefing, which will walk through the important managed markets trends to watch in 2014. "U. S. Healthcare 2014: The 7 Trends, Players and Market Drivers That Matter" will take place February 19th, 2014 and is open to media, payer, provider, PBM, government and pharmaceutical executives. Register for the webinar here.
About Decision Resources Group
Decision Resources Group offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on critical issues within the healthcare industry. DRG insights and analysis on the U.S. managed care market are powered by HealthLeaders-InterStudy. Clients rely on this analysis and data to make informed decisions. Find out more at www.hl-isy.com and www.DecisionResourcesGroup.com.
All company, brand or product names contained in this document may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
For more information, contact:
Decision Resources Group
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.